Name of the Patient : Abc Xyzai Kalmn / F / 28 yrs.
Referred by : Dr. Abc Xyzisheri.
Examination : M.R.I. of the Dorso-lumbar Spine.
CLINICAL PROFILE :
C/O backache radiating to the RUE and RLE with paresthesias since 5-6 months with swelling over the RUE and RLE.
M.R.I of the dorso-lumbar spine was performed using the following parameters :
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted sagittal images.
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted axial images.
The cervico-dorsal spine was screened with 5 mm thick T2 Weighted sagittal and 5 mm thick Fast Scan (T2 *) axial images.
Postero-central disc herniations are seen to indent the thecal sac at the D12-L1, L1-L2 and L2-L3 levels.
There is continuous ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament over the D12-L1 to L3-L4 levels.
The visualized dorso-lumbar intervertebral discs show loss of water content.
The L1-L2, L2-L3 and L3-L4 facet joints show degenerative changes.
The visualized dorso-lumbar vertebral bodies reveal normal signal intensity. The rest of the facet joints and the visualized pre and paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.
The visualized lower dorsal spinal cord reveals normal signal intensity.
The conus medullaris terminates at the L2 level.
The cervical vertebral bodies show anticlockwise rotation. Large right postero-lateral disc herniations with peridiscal osteophytes are seen to compress upon the right ventral aspect of the cord and the right C4 and right C5 nerve roots at the C3-C4 and C4-C5 levels, respectively. The cord at the C3-C4 level shows a hyperintense signal on the T2 Weighted images which may represent cord edema/ischemia/gliosis.
A large left postero-lateral disc herniation with peridiscal osteophytes is seen to compress the cord and indent the left C6 nerve root at the C5-C6 level.
A postero-central disc herniation is noted at the C6-C7 level.
The cervical intervertebral discs show loss of water content.
The MRI features are suggestive of :
1. Postero-central disc herniations at the D12-L1, L1-L2 and L2-L3 levels.
2. Continuous ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament over the D12-L1 to L3-L4 levels.
3. Large right postero-lateral disc herniations with peridiscal osteophytes at the C3-C4 and C4-C5 levels.
- 3 - Scan-00003
4. A large left postero-lateral disc herniation with peridiscal osteophytes at the C5-C6 level.
5. A postero-central disc herniation at the C6-C7 level.
6. Cord signal alteration at the C3-C4 level represent cord edema/ischemia/gliosis.
7. Canal stenosis at the C3-C4, C4-C5 and C5-C6 levels.