Date : 00.00.00
Name of the Patient : Abc XyzLlmn / M / 51 yrs.
Referred by : Dr. Abc Xyznna.
Examination : M.R.I. of the Lumbo-sacral Spine.
CLINICAL PROFILE :
C/O backache with pain radiating to the LLE.
M.R.I of the lumbo-sacral spine was performed using the following parameters :
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted sagittal images.
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted axial images.
There appears to be sacralization of the L5 vertebra and it is as marked on the film. Please correlate with plain radiographs. There is loss of water content of the L4-L5 intervertebral disc.
There is a postero-central disc herniation at the L4-L5 level indenting the dural theca anteriorly. A right postero-lateral and far lateral disc bulge is also noted at this level with slight right neural foraminal narrowing.
Right far lateral (extraforaminal) disc bulges are seen at the L2-L3 and L3-L4 levels. A posterior disc bulge is noted at the L5-S1 level.
Slight facetal hypertrophy is noted at the L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels.
The lumbar vertebral bodies and the remaining intervertebral discs reveal normal signal intensity. The rest of the facet joints and the visualized pre and paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.
The conus medullaris terminates at the L1 level.
The antero-posterior dimensions of the lumbar canal at the level of the intervertebral discs are as follows :
19.0 mm at L1-L2
18.0 mm at L2-L3
18.0 mm at L3-L4
19.0 mm at L4-L5
14.0 mm at L5-S1.
1. Sacralization of the L5 vertebra. Please correlate with plain radiographs.
2. A postero-central disc herniation and a right postero-lateral and far lateral disc bulge at the L4-L5 level with slight right neural foraminal narrowing.
3. Slight facetal hypertrophy at the L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels.
4. A posterior disc bulge at the L5-S1 level.
5. Right far lateral (extraforaminal) disc bulges at the L2-L3 and L3-L4 levels.