Date : 00.00.00
Name of the Patient : Abc XyzSlmn / M / 62 yrs.
Referred by : Dr. Abc Xyzah.
Examination : M.R.I. of the Cervical Spine.
C/O paresthesias in BUE since 1 1/2 months (right more than left) with gait imbalance.
M.R.I of the cervical spine was performed using the following parameters :
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted sagittal images.
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and Fast Scan (T2 *) axial images.
There is loss of water content of the cervical intervertebral discs and loss of normal cervical lordosis.
Minimal forward translation of the C3 over the C4 vertebra is noted and minimal retroplacement of the C4 over the C5 and C5 over the C6 is seen.
Small, posterior disc herniations with posterior peridiscal osteophytes are noted at the C3-C4 and C4-C5 levels.
The cervical spinal cord at the C3-C4 level shows a hyperintense signal on the T2 Weighted and Fast Scan (T2 *) images suggesting cord edema/ischemia.
Small, posterior disc bulges with posterior peridiscal osteophytes are noted at the C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels.
Degenerative changes of the joints of the Luschka are noted at the C3-C4 on the right and at the C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels, bilaterally, with corresponding neural foraminal narrowing.
Facetal hypertrophy is noted at the C3-C4 level on the right and at the C5-C6 level bilaterally.
The cervical vertebral bodies show normal signal intensity. The visualized pre and paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.
The atlanto-axial region and the cervico-medullary junction are unremarkable.
1. Small posterior disc herniations with posterior peridiscal osteophytes at the C3-C4 and C4-C5 levels.
2. Altered signal in the cord at the C3-C4 level suggest cord edema/ischemia.
3. Small posterior disc bulges with peridiscal osteophytes at the C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels.
4. Degenerative changes of the joints of Luschka on the right at the C3-C4 level and bilaterally at the C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels.
5. Facetal hypertrophy at the C3-C4 level on the right and at the C5-C6 level bilaterally.