Name of the Patient : Abc Xyzd M. Medlmn / M / 69 yrs.
Referred by : Dr. Abc Xyzka / Dr. Abc XyzVani.
Examination : M.R.I. of the Cervical Spine.
CLINICAL PROFILE :
C/O weakness of all four extremities (right more than left).
M.R.I of the cervical spine was performed using the following parameters :
4 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted sagittal images.
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and Fast Scan (T2 *) axial images.
There is loss of normal cervical lordosis and loss of water content of the cervical intervertebral discs.
There is slight retroplacement of the C5 vertebral body.
There is a posteriorly herniated disc with peridiscal osteophytes at the C4-C5 level, indenting the cervical spinal cord anteriorly. Slight ligamentum flavum hypertrophy is also noted at this level with effacement of posterior subarachnoid space at this level. The cervical spinal cord at the C4-C5 level shows a hyperintense signal on the T2 Weighted and Fast Scan (T2 *) images suggesting cord edema/ischemia.
Small, postero-central protruded discs with peridiscal osteophytes are noted at the C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels.
Small posterior disc bulge is noted at the C3-C4 level.
Ligamentum flavum hypertrophy is noted at the C2-C3, C5-C6 and C7-D1 levels.
Hypertrophic facetal arthropathy is noted at the C2-C3 level on the left and C3-C4 and C4-C5 levels bilaterally. Slight degenerative changes of the joints of Luschka are noted at the C5-C6 level on the left and at the C4-C5 level bilaterally. The upper cervical vertebral bodies show spotty fatty marrow changes.
The visualized pre and paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.
The atlanto-axial region and the cervico-medullary junction are unremarkable.
1. Posteriorly herniated disc with peridiscal osteophytes at the C4-C5 level with slight ligamentum flavum hypertrophy at this level.
2. Altered cord signal at the C4-C5 level suggests cord edema/ischemia.
3. Small, postero-central protruded discs with peridiscal osteophytes at the C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels.
4. Ligamentum flavum hypertrophy at the C2-C3, C5-C6 and C7-D1 levels.
5. Hypertrophic facetal arthropathy at the C2-C3 level on the left and C3-C4 and C4-C5 levels bilaterally.
6. Slight degenerative changes of the joints of Luschka at the C5-C6 level on the left and at the C4-C5 level bilaterally.