Date : 00.00.00
Name of the Patient : Abc XyzAgalmn / M / 56 yrs.
Referred by : Dr. Abc Xyzagwati.
Examination : M.R.I. of the Lumbo-sacral Spine.
CLINICAL PROFILE :
C/O backache with pain radiating to the LLE with paresthesias since 6 months.
M.R.I of the lumbo-sacral spine was performed using the following parameters :
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted sagittal images.
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted axial images.
There is a suggestion of sacralization of the L5 vertebra and it is as marked on the film. Please correlate with plain radiographs.
A posterior disc bulge is seen at the L4-L5 level with anterior indentation of the thecal sac.
Small posterior disc bulges are noted at the L1-L2, L2-L3, L3-L4 and L5-S1 levels.
The lumbar intervertebral discs show slight loss of water content.
Mild ligamentum flavum hypertrophy is seen at the L4-L5 and L5 levels. The L2-L3 to L5-S1 facet joints show hypertrophic degenerative changes. The L1-L2 facet joints show mild degenerative changes.
The lumbar vertebral bodies reveal normal signal intensity. The visualized pre and paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.
- 2 - Scan-00006
The conus medullaris terminates at the L1-L2 level and the thecal sac terminates at the S1 level.
The antero-posterior dimensions of the lumbar canal at the level of the intervertebral discs are as follows :
13.0 mm at L1-L2
12.0 mm at L2-L3
14.0 mm at L3-L4
11.0 mm at L4-L5
9.0 mm at L5-S1.
The MRI features are suggestive of :
1. Probable sacralization of the L5 vertebra. Please correlate with plain radiographs.
2. A posterior disc bulge with a tight canal at the L4-L5 level.
3. Small posterior disc bulges at the L1-L2, L2-L3, L3-L4 and L5-S1 levels.
4. Mild ligamentum flavum hypertrophy at the L4-L5 and L5 levels.
5. Hypertrophic facetal arthropathy over the L2-L3 to the L5-S1 levels.
6. Mild facetal arthropathy at the L1-L2 level.