Date : 00.00.00
Name of the Patient : Abc Xyzkar Manlmn / M / 57 yrs.
Referred by : Dr. Abc Xyzosle / Dr. Abc Xyzkar.
Examination : M.R.I. of the Lumbo-sacral Spine.
CLINICAL PROFILE :
C/O backache with radiation of pain to BLE.
M.R.I of the lumbo-sacral spine was performed using the following parameters :
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted sagittal images.
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted axial images.
There appears to be sacralization of the L5 vertebra and it is as marked on the film. Please correlate with plain radiographs.
The L3-L4 and L4-L5 intervertebral discs show loss of water content.
Posterior disc herniations are seen to indent the thecal sac and narrow both neural foramina at the L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels.
The L2-L3, L3-L4 and L4-L5 facet joints show hypertrophic degenerative changes.
Far lateral (extraforaminal) disc bulges are seen bilaterally at the L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels and on the right side at the L1-L2 and L2-L3 levels.
The pedicles of the lumbar vertebrae appear to be congenitally short in their antero-posterior dimensions.
The lumbar vertebral bodies and the remaining intervertebral discs reveal normal signal intensity. The rest of the facet joints and the visualized pre and paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.
The conus medullaris terminates at the L1 level and the thecal sac terminates at the S1 level.
The antero-posterior dimensions of the lumbar canal at the level of the intervertebral discs are as follows :
17.0 mm at L1-L2
15.0 mm at L2-L3
12.0 mm at L3-L4
11.0 mm at L4-L5
9.0 mm at L5-S1.
The MRI features are suggestive of :
1. Sacralization of the L5 vertebra. Please correlate with plain radiographs.
2. Posterior disc herniations with canal stenosis at the L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels.
3. Hypertrophic facetal arthropathy at the L2-L3, L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels.
4. Congenitally short pedicles of the lumbar vertebrae in their antero-posterior dimensions.
5. Far lateral (extraforaminal) disc bulges at the L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels bilaterally and on the right side at the L1-L2 and L2-L3 levels.