Date : 00.00.00
Name of the Patient : Abc Xyzna Salmn / F / 46 yrs.
Referred by : Dr. Abc Xyzah.
Examination : M.R.I. of the Lumbo-sacral Spine.
CLINICAL PROFILE :
C/O backache radiating to the LLE with tingling since 10-12 days.
M.R.I of the lumbo-sacral spine was performed using the following parameters :
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted sagittal images.
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted axial images.
FEW IMAGES SHOW PATIENT MOTION.
The L5 vertebra appears to be sacralized and the L4 vertebra is as marked on the film. Please correlate with plain radiographs.
Postero-central disc herniations with peridiscal osteophytes are seen to indent the thecal sac at the L1-L2, L2-L3 and L3-L4 levels.
Bilateral far lateral (extraforaminal) disc herniations are noted at the L2-L3 level. Bilateral far lateral (extraforaminal) disc bulges are seen at the L1-L2 and L3-L4 levels.
A postero-central disc protrusion is noted at the L4-L5 level.
The L3-L4 and L4-L5 facet joints show hypertrophic degenerative changes. The L1-L2 and L2-L3 facet joints show mild degenerative changes. Ligamentum flavum hypertrophy is noted at the L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels.
- 2 - scan-00008
The pedicles of the lumbar vertebrae appear to be congenitally short in their antero-posterior dimensions.
The lumbar intervertebral discs show loss of water content.
The venous system around the lumbar vertebrae appears to be slightly prominent.
The lumbar vertebral bodies reveal normal signal intensity. The rest of the facet joints and the visualized pre and paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.
The conus medullaris terminates at the D12 level and the thecal sac terminates at the L5-S1 level.
The antero-posterior dimensions of the lumbar canal at the level of the intervertebral discs are as follows :
17.0 mm at L1-L2
14.0 mm at L2-L3
13.0 mm at L3-L4
9.0 mm at L4-L5
8.0 mm at L5-S1.
The MRI features are suggestive of :
1. Sacralization of the L5 vertebra. Please correlate with plain radiographs.
2. Postero-central disc herniations with peridiscal osteophytes at the L1-L2, L2-L3 and L3-L4 levels.
3. A postero-central disc protrusion at the L4-L5 level.
4. Hypertrophic facetal arthropathy at the L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels.
- 3 - scan-00008
5. Ligamentum flavum hypertrophy at the L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels.
6. Congenitally short pedicles of the lumbar vertebrae in their antero-posterior dimensions.
7. Tight canal at the L2-L3, L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels.
8. Bilateral far lateral (extraforaminal) disc herniations at the L2-L3 level.