Date : 00.00.00
Name of the Patient : Abc Xyzath Viclmn / M / 45 yrs.
Referred by : Dr. Abc Xyzrekh.
Examination : M.R.I. of the Lumbo-sacral Spine.
CLINICAL PROFILE :
C/O backache radiating to the LLE with paresthesias since 1 month.
M.R.I of the lumbo-sacral spine was performed using the following parameters :
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted sagittal images.
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted axial images.
FEW IMAGES SHOW PATIENT MOTION.
There is mild retroplacement of the L4 over the L5 and of the L5 over the S1 vertebral bodies.
There is a left paracentral disc herniation indenting the traversing left S1 nerve root at the L5-S1 level.
A posterior disc herniation is seen to indent the thecal sac and narrow both neural foramina at the L4-L5 level. A left postero-lateral (foraminal) disc herniation is seen to narrow the left neural foramina at the L3-L4 level.
There are far lateral (extraforaminal) disc herniations bilaterally at the L4-L5 level and on the left side at the L3-L4 level.
The pedicles of the lumbar vertebrae are congenitally short in their antero-posterior dimensions. The L3-L4, L4-L5 and L5-S1 facet joints show degenerative changes.
The L4-L5 and L5-S1 intervertebral discs show loss of water content.
The lumbar vertebral bodies and the remaining intervertebral discs reveal normal signal intensity. The rest of the facet joints and the visualized pre and paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.
The conus medullaris terminates at the L1 level and the thecal sac terminates at the S1 level.
The antero-posterior dimensions of the lumbar canal at the level of the intervertebral discs are as follows :
16.0 mm at L1-L2
13.0 mm at L2-L3
13.0 mm at L3-L4
11.0 mm at L4-L5
8.0 mm at L5-S1.
1. A left paracentral disc herniation indenting the traversing left S1 nerve root at the L5-S1 level.
2. A posterior disc herniation at the L4-L5 level.
3. A left postero-lateral (foraminal) disc herniation at the L3-L4 level.
4. Far lateral (extraforaminal) disc herniations bilaterally at the L4-L5 level and on the left side at the L3-L4 level.
5. Congenitally short pedicles of the lumbar vertebrae in their antero-posterior dimensions with a tight canal over the L3-L4 to the L5-S1 levels.