Date : 00.00.00
Name of the Patient : Abc Xyzal G. Milmn / M / 68 yrs.
Referred by : Dr. Abc Xyzhtekar.
Examination : M.R.I. of the Cervical Spine.
C/O neckpain radiating to BUE with paresthesias since 2 1/2 months.
M.R.I of the cervical spine was performed using the following parameters :
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and T2 Weighted sagittal images.
5 mm thick T1 Weighted and Fast Scan (T2 *) axial images.
There is reduction in height of the C5-C6 and C6-C7 discs and loss of water content of the cervical intervertebral discs.
Postero-central protruded discs are noted at the C2-C3, C3-C4 and C4-C5 levels.
Posterior disc bulges with posterior peridiscal osteophytes are noted at the C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels.
Degenerative changes of the joints of Luschka are noted at the C5-C6 level on the left and at the C6-C7 level bilaterally.
Slight ligamentum flavum hypertrophy is noted at the C6-C7 level.
The calibre of the left vertebral artery appears to be larger than normal at the C5-C6 and C6 levels with slight scalloping of the adjacent bones.
A hypointense circumscribed lesion on the T1 Weighted images which turn hyperintense on the Fast Scan (T2 *) images is seen within the C6 vertebral body on the right side and this may represent a degenerative cyst.
The C5-C6 and C6-C7 facet joints show degenerative changes.
The cervical vertebral bodies show spotty fatty marrow changes. The rest of the joints of Luschka and the visualized pre and paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.
The cervical spinal cord shows normal signal intensity.
The atlanto-axial region and the cervico-medullary junction are unremarkable.
1. Postero-central protruded discs at the C2-C3, C3-C4 and C4-C5 levels.
2. Small, posterior disc bulges with posterior peridiscal osteophytes at the C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels.
3. Degenerative changes of the joints of Luschka at the C5-C6 level on the left and at the C6-C7 level bilaterally.
4. Slight ligamentum flavum hypertrophy at the C6-C7 vertebral level.
5. Facetal arthropathy at the C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels.
6. Slight increase in the calibre of the left vertebral artery at the C5-C6 and C6 levels.